The Library provides free public computers to access the internet, perform basic office tasks, use learning and literacy-enhancing software provided by the Library and to consult the Library’s catalogue.
Patrons must use only the software provided by the Library on its public computers. Please ask for assistance from staff at any time.
Patrons who use Public computers are expected to adhere to the Library’s Etiquette and Decorum Policy policy.
Terms of Agreement for Using Public Computers
(agreed to when using public computers)
The Library uses PC Reservation software to manage its public computers and laptops.
I agree to the following:
- Use only my own valid Library card number to gain access to the Library’s computers.
- Abide by the daily limits on public computer use. If it’s after 6 p.m. and I would like to have more time on the public computers, I will ask at the Service Desk staff for an extension.
- Gather my belongings promptly when my session ends, so that others may use the computers.
- Pay for all printed copies, even those printed by mistake.
- Only use the public computers for legal activities as well as conform to copyright laws and regulations
- Refrain from harassing or bullying anyone online.
- Be courteous and respectful of other people using the Library.
- Respect the privacy of other public computer users.
- Avoid viewing images, videos, websites that may be offensive to other Library users.
- Use only the software provided by the Library.
- Refrain from eating or drinking while using the computers.
Please remember that parents and guardians are responsible for their children’s use of Library resources, including the public computers.