Many people use the Library. It is a limited and confined space in which you need to be courteous and respectful of one another.
- Some people are offended by things different from what offends you. Please be aware of this, particularly when in conversation with others or when using the Internet in our confined Library spaces accessible to all ages.
- If you are a parent or guardian you are responsible for your children’s safety and behaviour in the Library at all times, even if your children are in the Library without you.
- You may have a non-alcoholic beverage in the Library but please make sure that it is in a closed container and keep it away from the public computers area.
- You are reminded to talk on your cell phone outside Library premises and to set the ringer to silent when in the Library.
- Please be mindful that your voice can carry and can be disturbing to those trying to concentrate.
- Please be careful with all Library materials. Materials in some formats such as DVDs and CDs are particularly vulnerable to rough handling. Remember this as a courtesy to other patrons who might want to use what you are using now.
- Please leave your pets (other than service animals) outside our premises.
- Public restrooms are for everyone. Please attend to the condition of the washroom after you use it.
- Campaigning, soliciting, interviewing, oral surveys, sales or any similar disruptive behaviour must occur outside the Library.
- Your basic hygiene and attire needs to be generally acceptable to others using the Library. For example, you need to wear a shirt and footwear when visiting the Library.
- If you are obviously under the influence of alcohol or drugs you need to stay away from the Library until you are sober.
- You need to make sure that whatever you do in the Library complies with the law.
- Sleeping is not permitted in the Library.
Suspension of Library Services
Library services may be suspended for just cause at the discretion of the Chief Librarian including but not limited to the following:
- Failure to return Library materials and pay Library charges
- Causing damage or destruction to Library property
- Disturbing other Library patrons