Resources for High School Educators
High school class sets are a collection of books for teens readers available for teachers and educators to borrow for classroom use. The books in these sets are by BIPOC or LGBTQ2S+ authors and are meant to supplement the titles available to teachers through the school system.
To find out more, or check out a class set for your students, search for them in the PRPL catalogue under “Class Set”, or click on one of the links below, and place a hold using your library card. Alternatively, to place a hold on a class set or for more information about class sets, email Teen Services Coordinator Mel Edgar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Book set titles and authors:
- The Marrow Thieves by Cherie Dimaline
- In the Key of Nira Ghani by Natasha Deen
- Tomboy Survival Guide by Ivan Coyote
- Monday Was a Simpler Time: Reflections on a Pandemic by Various Authors
How it works:
- Class sets are intended for classroom use and can only be borrowed by teachers and educators.
- If you are a homeschool educator or member of a book club: individual copies of these titles are available in our collection, and multiple copies can be arranged via Interlibrary Loan.
- Teachers/educators will borrow the books as a set.
- The teacher/educator is responsible for returning the books as a complete set.
Included in class sets:
- 30 numbered book copies
- Teachers’ guides and supplemental resources (where possible)
- A numbered sign-out sheet