Mission Remote Summer Reading Club 2020: Explore Our Universe!
Summer Reading Club: Explore Our Universe is ON!
In light of ongoing physical distancing, PRPL has envisioned this year’s SRC as a FREE pick-up-and-go package jam packed with seven weeks of out-of-this-world fun designed to engage school-aged children, ages 5-14, with libraries and reading, throughout the summer!
REGISTRATION FOR THE TAKE-HOME PACKAGE IS NOW FULL.
BUT there are still plenty of virtual ways that you can participate. Visit bcsrc.ca and click “Join Here” for more inspiring literacy and space activities you can enjoy from home, including:
- The Summer Reading Challenge with virtual badges!
- Weekly Stay at Home Activities.
- Video demonstrations.
- Ask an Astronomer events.
Still want to read the chosen Jr. and Sr. book club titles? Visit PRPL’s online collection to download an eAudiobook or eBook of “Fortunately the Milk” (Junior) or “The Care and Feeding of a Pet Black Hole” (Senior).
Visit PRPL’s YouTube to watch weekly demos of our package activities, many of which are made using simple materials that you can gather at home. Find out what’s coming next in PRPL’s Explore Our Universe Brochure and Calendar. Return to this page for weekly mission tips, links and bonus challenges. We’ll be sharing all of the Mission activity sheets and printable components here so that you can participate even if you didn’t get a package!
For any questions please contact Cole at Mission Command by emailing email@example.com
- Summer Reading Club Mission 7 – Radical Rockets!
- Summer Reading Club Mission 6 – Awesome Extraterrestrials!
- Summer Reading Club Mission 5 – Silly Sci-fi Stories!
- Summer Reading Club Mission 4 – In the Dark: Star Mythology
- Summer Reading Club Mission 3 – Light up the Sky!
- BC Summer Reading Club – Extra Activities Available!
- Summer Reading Club Mission 2 – Planetary Poetry
- Summer Reading Club Launch & Mission 1 – Alien Bites!
- Astro Essentials – Mission Remote Summer Reading Club