Climate Change Action
- Adaptation Learning Network: Inspiring Climate Action — Helping professionals in BC who work at the front line of climate adaptation to integrate adaptation competencies into their professional practice, through education, training and networking.
- BC Assembly of First Nations: Climate Emergency — Website and BC First Nations Climate Strategy and Action Plan (2022)
- BC Government: Climate Change — Web portal to resources and policies
- Neighbours United — A non-profit community-driven organization that brings together local residents to protect the natural environment while building just, equitable, healthy, and livable communities. Coordinates hundreds of volunteers and outreaches to rural residents each year to build sustainable communities and protect our natural world.
- Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions (PICS) — A collaborative and user engaged institute that convenes solution seekers and research partners to co-design, co-develop and co-deliver impactful climate solutions for British Columbia, Canada, and potentially the world.
- Canadian Government: Climate Change — Web portal to resources and policies
- Canada’s Changing Climate Report (CCRR) — Released in 2019, this report is about how and why Canada’s climate has changed and what changes are projected for the future.
- Climate Atlas of Canada — Combines climate science, mapping, and storytelling together with Indigenous Knowledges and community-based research and video to inspire awareness and action.
- Indigenous Climate Hub — Provides access to climate change resources tools for Indigenous peoples to monitor and adapt to our ever changing climate. Acts as a hub for Indigenous climate change leaders working on similar issues to come together and build from each others knowledge and experiences.
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) — An intergovernmental body of the United Nations responsible for advancing knowledge on human-induced climate change. Their sixth assessment report came out in 2022 and was put together by 234 scientists from 66 different countries.
- The Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystems Services (IPBES) — Synthesizes, reviews, assesses and critically evaluate relevant knowledge. A key operating principle embeds the recognition of and respect for indigenous and local knowledge in all aspects of IPBES.
- Climate Interactive: En-Roads — A freely-available online simulator that provides policymakers, educators, businesses, the media, and the public with the ability to test and explore cross-sector climate solutions.
- NASA: Global Climate Change — NASA climate change web portal to news, resources and features.
- United Nations: Climate Action — Reports on actions taken by governments, businesses, civil society, youth and more in every part of the world.
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals: Goal 13 — All about SDG 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- United Nations Development Program: Climate Adaptation — Works across seven thematic areas to support vulnerable communities in building resilience to climate change.
- United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) — Leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
Calculators & Simulators
- Carbon Footprint
- United Nations Carbon Footprint Calculator
- En-ROADS is a freely-available online simulator that provides policymakers, educators, businesses, the media, and the public with the ability to test and explore cross-sector climate solutions.
- Climate Watch — Offers open data, visualizations and analysis to help policymakers, researchers and other stakeholders gather insights on countries’ climate progress.
- Our World in Data — Open access and open source data archive utilized in universities and by reputable media organizations. More than just climate change.
- Global Assessment Report on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES, May 2019)
- IPCC’s 6th Assessment Report (AR6) – Climate Change 2022: Mitigation of Climate Change (IPCC, 4 April 2022)
- IPCC’s 6th Assessment Report (AR6) – Climate Change 2022: Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability (IPCC, 28 Feb 2022)
- IPCC’s 6th Assessment Report (AR6) – Climate Change 2021: The Physical Science Basis (IPCC, 9 Aug 2021)
- Special Report on Climate Change and Land (IPCC, Jan 2020)
- Special Report on the Ocean and Cryosphere in a Changing Climate (IPCC, Sept 2019)
- Special Report & Summary for Policy Makers on 1.5 degrees of Global Warming (IPCC, Oct 2018)
- NDC Synthesis Report (United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), 26 Feb 2021)
- Emissions Gap Report (UNEP, Dec 2020)
- The Human Cost of Disasters: An Overview of the Last 20 Years (2000-2019) (UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR), 2020)