Borrow from Other Libraries
There may be times when you want to borrow from another BC Library:
- You couldn’t find what you were looking for in your home library.
- You happen to be visiting another BC Library.
If you weren’t able to find the item you wanted in our catalogue, try finding it elsewhere in BC using Illume (formerly known as “BC Outlook Online“), a catalogue for all BC libraries. If you find it at another library, request it to be delivered to your home library for pick up!
ILL Borrowing Policies –
– Patrons may request up to 2 interlibrary loans each week.
– Patrons may not borrow DVDs, CDs or books that were published within the past year by Interlibrary Loan.
– A charge is assessed for interlibrary loan items ordered but not picked up.
– Patrons must request renewals at least one week before the due date. Some interlibrary items may not be renewed due to restrictions by the lending library.
ILL Lending Policies –
– Powell River Public Library does not lend periodicals, reference materials, new materials and DVDs through Inter Library Loans.
– The standard loan period is 35 days and items from Powell River may be renewed for an additional 35 days.
– Powell River Public Library will respond to requests within 5 days.
– Borrowers will be contacted directly when items are damaged, lost or any situations where special arrangements may be required.
Visiting Other BC Libraries
If you’re on the road and find yourself in another BC public library, you can easily borrow items. The best part is that you can return these items to any other BC public library, so if you’re traveling through BC, it’s easy to drop items off as you go. We call this program BC OneCard. For more information on how to do this, check our BC OneCard page (please note that borrowing policies may vary slightly between various libraries).