eBooks: Downloading to a Computer
You can view eBooks on your computer either through your browser, through your free Overdrive app, or by downloading the title to your computer using Adobe Digital Editions.
View an overview video
of how to borrow eBooks.
Using Library2Go to Download an eBook
- In your browser, go to Library2Go, the eBook and audiobook catalogue.
- Browse or search for books.
- When you find an item you want to borrow, click on it to view more information.
- Click the “Borrow” button. You’ll be prompted for your library name and card number.
- You now have 3 different ways of viewing the eBook:
Download Adobe Digital Editions (free)
If you've already downloaded Adobe Digital Editions, you won't need to follow the steps below. Books should download automatically to your Adobe Digital Editions (if not, contact your library or see Overdrive's Help Pages
- Go to http://www.adobe.com/ca/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/download.html
- Click either the Macintosh or Windows link to select your platform.
- Download and install the software.
- The first time you download, you’ll be prompted for your Adobe ID, which you can get by clicking on “Create Adobe ID”. This lets you transfer items across multiple devices. Once you have your ID and password, enter it into the Adobe Digital Editions installation screen (if you’re not prompted for the ID, click Help and Authorize Computer). Enter your Adobe ID and password and click “Authorize”.
Watch a video
on how to download Adobe Digital Editions (click on the "Read eBooks" link on the right side of that page to see a video on how to read eBooks using Adobe Digital Editions).
For more help, visit Overdrive's Help Centre
*Please note that the eBook collection is hosted on a Third Party website with its own set of privacy policies.
Find out more: