Guide to RB Digital
RB Digital provides a suite of services including eAudio if you’re a fan of audiobooks, Classics-focused eBooks for download, as well as magazines (a platform formerly known as Zinio) and Entertainment (Indieflix).
Please note: For free access you need to first create a library account with RB Digital. If you install the RB Digital app without an account you will not be able to borrow for free.
Go to the PRPL’s RB Digital page.
- Choose Register from the top right.
- Enter your name, postal code, and email address. Then, create a username and password. We recommend using your library barcode as your username.
- Enter the barcode on the back of your library card, and click Accept.
- Once you’ve filled out all the fields, click on the Register button at the bottom of the page. You’re now ready to borrow Magazines, eAudio, eBooks and explore Indieflix.
Install the RB Digital App
For troubleshooting and FAQs, click on this help page.
- To listen to eAudio, install the RB Digital app on your mobile device or computer. Apps are available in Canada for Apple, Android, or Kindle Fire devices. For a PC or MAC desktop, install RB Digital Media Manager.
- RB Digital eBooks are available on both Windows and Mac personal computers using Adobe Digital Editions. If you are using a mobile device, you will need to install the RB Digital eReader app for Apple, Android, or Kindle Fire.
- Once you’ve installed the app, you can login using your username and password and begin searching for titles.
Borrow and Download Material
- In the corner there is a symbol with three horizontal lines that will bring you to a menu.
- You can choose the section for eBooks, eAudiobooks, Magazines and Entertainment (“IndieFlix”).
- Find the title that you would like to read by clicking on the Search symbol (a magnifying glass in the upper right) entering the title or author, and click on its cover image. You can also browse by generally by popularity or genre. If it’s available, you’ll be directed to a checkout screen. If it’s not available, you’ll be directed to a hold screen.
- Choose the number of days (1-10) that you want to borrow the item for, then click on the Checkout Now! button.
- If you’re on a mobile device, the item should appear in the My Titles tab of your app, at which point you can download it by clicking on the downward pointing arrow icon.
Return or Renew
- Titles can be renewed one time only at any point during your borrowing period.
- On a mobile device, you can return a title by selecting the italic i icon beneath the title in your My Titles tab. This will take you to the info page for the title where you’ll find links to Renew or Return the title.
- On a desktop computer, you can return or renew titles within the RB Digital Media Manager on your Check Outs tab. Each of your checked out titles will appear with buttons that allow you to Play, Download and Transfer, Renew or Return the title.
Need some help?
Sign up for a one-on-one RB Digital help session at the Library. Call the Library (604-485-4796) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.