Online Catalogue Help
Logging In To Your Account
Click the My Library Account link.
Enter your library card number and your PIN. The default PIN is the last four digits of your library card number. If you need help logging in, contact us.
After you log in, you’ll see a screen that has four tabs: “Personal Information,” “Checkouts,” “Holds,” and “Fines.”
Personal Information: Lists your address and contact information, an option to Change your PIN (it is set as the last four digits of your library card barcode, but can be changed), and further Preferences.
Checkouts: Lists all the items you currently have borrowed including digital checkouts, the number of times you have renewed, and the Due Date. Renew items by checking the box beside the item and clicking the gray “Renew” button. You can renew items once.
Holds: This tab has a list of all the titles you have placed on hold and are waiting for, including digital holds. If an item is ready for pickup, it will have a green exclamation mark beside the title. You can also cancel and suspend your holds on this page. You click the box by the title, then click the “Suspend Hold” button. This is ideal if you are going out of town.
Fines: This page displays both current fines and your fine payment history. Please remember that we will waive late charges when you return items, but do charge for damaged and long overdue or missing items.
Searching the Catalogue
For quick links to new material and popular search queries visit: Catalogue Quick Links
- To start with a broad search, try leaving the search box empty
- To narrow a search, use the left hand panel to limit your search, for example, if you use “Location” you can select the exact shelving location of your favourite books like New Mystery
- To sort your results there is a drop-down menu on the upper right. For example, if you select “Publication Date (Descending)” your results will begin with the most recent
- Within an item record, each item offers Subject Headings which is a great way to find books that are similar based on theme
- A search can also be for a specific author, title, or keyword
Placing a Hold
When a book or DVD is on order or is especially popular and already checked out, you can place a hold and join a waitlist on the item. You can also place a hold on items available on the shelf, to save you time browsing the library.
Simply click the button “Place Hold,” on the right hand side and you will be prompted to login. An additional feature is that you can choose to pick up the item from Powell River Public Library during our opening hours inside the space, or you can choose Locker, which indicates that the item will go into the locker in the lobby outside our entrance. The extended hours and instructions for the holds locker are on this page.
Need More Help?
For more information or for help on searching the online catalogue, visit the catalogue’s online help page or contact us.