Updated November 19, 2020
Get your library card ready, browsing the collection is now possible.
The library is open for limited browsing. Yes, this means that you can touch the new books!
The library is welcoming limited numbers of people in for brief visits to retrieve holds, use the public computers and browse the collection. Please remember your library card it will be required to check materials out.
The Library is following the health and safety measures put forth for libraries by the BC Centre for Disease Control.
We are working to keep you and our staff safe and need your help.
Plan your visit
Bring your library card, you will need it.
Follow the distancing marks into the library. At the entrance library staff will meet you and guide you through the changes at the library and show you how to use the self-checkout machine if you need. Access to the library will remain limited. A small number of people will be allowed in to browse at one time, seating is not currently available as we are discouraging long visits. Newspapers are not available at this time.
What can you do?
- Masks Wearing a cloth mask or face covering is ‘mandatory in indoor public spaces’ as per the BC Centre for Disease Control and Dr. Bonnie Henry under the current Province-wide restrictions.
- If you or anyone in your household (bubble) is unwell, stay home,
- Wash your hands frequently– sanitizer stations and washrooms are available,
- Maintain two metres (6 feet) of distance from others,
- Follow the signage and direction of staff in the Library and foyer,
- If possible, designate one person from your household to come to the library,
- Limit your visit to 45 minutes so that others may use the library as well.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-485-4796.
Holds pick up – holds are now available to be picked up at the holds shelf by the entrance. After finding your materials, check them out at one of the self- checkout stations. We are here if you have questions or need a tutorial!
Public computers – check in at our service desk before you sit down. Appointments encouraged.
InterLibrary Loans – ILL is back online, pick up your requests at the Service Desk once you have been notified that items are ready.
Exam Invigilation – Studying remotely? Exams are now able to be invigilated at the library. Contact email@example.com to arrange or request information. There is a fee for this service.
Digital collections. eBooks, eAudio and digital magazines are available from your home, boat or tent with your library card.
Programming is hosted remotely, if you are interested in participating in a virtual library program please check our calendar to see what is coming up.
One on One Tech Support is still running. Email our Adult Services Coordinator, Mark Merlino at firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.