The Powell River Public Library is delighted to offer access to our collection through Library Takeout. You choose the items on the catalogue and we will call or email when they are ready you. The Library is open for Library Takeout from 10 am -3 pm, Monday through Friday.
Place the holds online or by phone and we will call when your items are ready to be picked up. To make this process successful and safe for our staff and community, we ask for your support and patience. If you are interested in new material, click here for Quick Links to the Catalogue for all the latest items.
Health and Safety
The library is taking precautions to keep you and our staff safe.
If you are experiencing any cold, flu or COVID-19 type symptoms, please do not come to the library right now. We will hold your items until you are ready.
When you come to pick up your materials please maintain a distance of two metres from others and follow the guidance of staff and the signage onsite. Following signage and floor markers will help keep us all safe.
If you are entering the library, please sanitize your hands. Sanitizer stations are available in the foyer and throughout the library for your convenience.
Returned materials are quarantined for three days before checking them in to ensure that they are safe to be borrowed.
Want to bring your books back? The drop box is open!
Want more time? Renew your books and DVDs online or by phone
Forgiveness – Overdue fines are forgiven
Place Your Holds & Pick-up Procedure
- Browse the catalogue and click Place Hold to request the item you are interested in (see image below)
- Enter your Library Barcode and PIN number to confirm the hold
- If you need help with your PIN please call us at 604-485-4796
- When your items are ready, we will call to let you know
- When you arrive, enter the lobby at the Library entrance
- Respect physical-distancing guidelines and keep two metres away from other library patrons and our staff
- When it’s your turn, announce your Last Name at the table and receive a bag with your requested items
- Enjoy your library material for six weeks!
- Our outside book drop is open
If you need assistance searching the catalogue, placing holds or updating your library account and contact information please call 604-485-4796 and dial zero for the Service Desk or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you soon!