“I cannot remember a time when I have been away from a library this long! I look forward to the time when we are able to visit again.” — PRPL patron
We miss you too!
The Powell River Public Library is delighted to begin to offer books, movies and music through Library Takeout. You choose the items and we will have them ready for your appointment. Place the holds online or by phone and we will schedule a time for you to come and pick them up. To make this process successful and safe for our staff and community, we ask for your support and patience.
If you are experiencing any cold, flu or COVID-19 type symptoms, please do not come to the library right now. We will hold your items until you are ready.
Want to bring your books back? The drop box is open!
Want more time? Renew your books and DVDs online or by phone
Forgiveness – Overdue fines are forgiven
All late fees are currently suspended, due dates for materials checked out before May 12, 2020 have been extended to June 1st. Materials checked out after May 12, 2020 have a six week loan period.
Place Your Holds!
- Browse the catalogue and click Place Hold to request the item you are interested in (see image below)
- Enter your Library Barcode and PIN number to confirm the hold
- If you need help with your PIN please call us at 604-485-4796
- When your items are ready, we will call to schedule a pick-up time
- When you arrive for your appointment, enter the lobby at the Library entrance
- Respect physical-distancing guidelines and keep two metres away from other library patrons and our staff
- When it’s your turn, announce your Last Name at the table and receive a bag with your requested items
- Enjoy your library material for six weeks!
- Our outside book drop is open
If you need assistance searching the catalogue, placing holds or updating your library account and contact information please call 604-485-4796 and dial zero for the Service Desk or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you soon!